Dubrovnik stole my heart and I can't wait to come back there in a few years time. The Old Town is surrounded by the beautiful sea and has a harbor, quirky little side streets that lead off the main road where you find cute little cafes and small hand made jewellery boutiques (I got a beautiful vintage style silver ring as a souvenir with a large turquoise stone in the middle, surrounded by tiny coral stones all around for about £48). The food is fresh, especially the sea food and cooked to perfection. Not everyone can afford to eat at Gil's, it's pretty pricey a Mojito set me back about £10 but I recommend at least popping in for a drink for the amazing view and service.
I also came across FAAR Magazine whilst picking up my passes at the DFW Press Office. Had a quick flick through and liked what I saw - check out the site.
And whilst I'm on the subject of magazines, also check out PUSH IT Magazine. The magazine is Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina's 1st International style magazine mixing the best of the Balkan's with the rest of the world. I've been following their progress for a while and like the look of their photoshoots. Check it.
2) It wasn't a dress that I could exactly wear on a regular basis
So I was super excited to find out he had designed a unisex (more affordable) tshirst collection inspired by the hairy apes.
If I had a spare £180 (one tshirt will set you back 224 euros) or so, I'd get the one on the right (the Gorilla I believe) and wear it to death. However if you're in the money (feel free to buy me one as an early birthday pressie), these Christopher Kane tshirts are available at luisaviaroma.com in all sizes - the Mandrill, Baboon, Chimp and the Gorilla.
Futerra Sustainability communications and the Shoreditch Women’s Institute will be hosting the first accessories swishing party on Friday, 22 May. Swishing started with clothes and for the first time will be expanding to include accessories!
Guests will experience a plethora of fun swishtastic activities from a fashion sins confessional booth, jewellery classes and workshops, entertainment by a cool indie band and of course, swishing! Guests are encouraged to bring at least 3 accesories to swish (belts, jewellry, sunglasses, bracelets, necklaces, scarves, hats, shoes, handbags, etc.) Guests who don’t have accessories to swish can bring at least one item of clothing. Unswished clothing at the end of the event will be donated to Cancer Research.
WHO: Futerra and the Shoreditch Women’s Institute
WHAT: First accessories swishing party
WHEN: Friday, 22 May at 7:00 PM - late
WHERE: The George Pub, 373 Commercial Rd, E1 0LA
2) Next up is Grazia's and Mary Portas's "Mary's Charity Shop" held at The Village (the posh designer bit - ironic right?) in Westfield shopping centre on 4th June - 27th June. The concept is simple - give your unwanted, unworn, unused stuff in like you would to a normal charity shop (items do have to have a minimum resale value of £5 though - so try to lay off the Primark) and from 4th June you can then buy all the items that have been donated. All money made goes to Save the Children - more info on this event here.
3) And finally it's Feather Duster by Hybird on Sunday 7th June. The clothes swap will run 4-6pm "followed by live, acoustic music from the new and awesome band, Human+ special guests. To participate in the swap please bring at least 1 high quality item of clothing or accessories. There is no upper limit to how many items you can bring, but we aim to keep the quality high, so please, no used sportswear".
The event will take place at: Adriadny's Nectar, 274 Latimer Road, London, W10 6QW.
12noon - 2pm Clothes drop off:
Bring your clothes, shoes or accessories to the swishing area and drop them off, you will recieve a stamp for each item (minimum 1, maximum 5)
2.30pm Browsing time:
Take time to browse the goodies on display - look, but no touching until the Swish begins
3.00pm Swishing officially opens:
There will be a brief introduction to the Swish and it will then be declared open for you to start swishing.
- Bring at least 1 good quality item of clothing, shoes or accessories that you no longer wear but would be proud to pass onto a fellow Swisher - no rags please!
- You can bring up to 5 items, you will recieve a stamp for each, so feel free to take as many items as you brought along.
- You will have time to browse the rails and look at the fantastic free goodies on display - but remember, you cannot claim these items until the swish is officially open!
- Once declared open, swish to your hearts content! Remember, be kind to your fellow Swishers...no scratching, spitting or biting!
- Have fun!
The Union Jack blazer will be mine and even though I have had enough of the floral trend, the grey flower one might be making its way into my wardrobe as well. Also I can't seen to get enough of baby blue/light denim at the mo, probably coz it reminds me of spring and I'm so sick of this crappy weather already, so Topshop ticks that box too by the looks of things. And I'm always partial to a bit of grunge - oversized ripped tshirt/jumper? Yes please!
The shoes are looking pretty yummy also - especially the unusual sky blue structured ankle boots. Can see the white gladiator type ones working with a few of my outfits too.
The ones that have been blogged about the most must be the Emma Cook for Topshop ones though. I did not manage to get my hands on the black pair last time so these white ones are on my "must get" list this time - they just look so comfy.
P.S - I asked when they will be coming out, I couldn't get a specific date but was told the whole idea is to release them before Fashion Week, so keep your eyes peeled - thats less than 2 weeks away!
...one of these bad boys! I mean, we've got the same name and hair - its like meant to be right? Also think I just found my Halloween costume right there (one of my friends dressed up as Mary Kate Olsen last year - fake blood is so 2 years ago).
I think I need some stripy tights/socks in my life. Also saw a girl wearing some wonderuss stripy tights during the sale at Liberty's - she tried some red shoes on with them and its looked freaking awesome!
Make up by Anne Flink
Daytime Alice by Stylistique
- Accessories (4)
- Art (3)
- Barcelona (1)
- Book (1)
- Boutique (7)
- Celeb (5)
- Charity (1)
- Christmas (2)
- Designer Merch (8)
- Elderly (1)
- Exhibitions (6)
- Fairytale (7)
- Festival (1)
- Film (6)
- Fragrance (1)
- Hair (1)
- High Street/Designer Colab (6)
- Holiday (2)
- Iceland (1)
- Illustration (2)
- Inspiration (1)
- Interview (2)
- Japan (1)
- Jewellery (2)
- LFW (London Fashion Week) (6)
- London (32)
- Magazines (5)
- Make - Up (1)
- Menswear (1)
- Music (11)
- New Artist (2)
- New Designer (10)
- New Designer. (1)
- New Year (1)
- Paris (1)
- Party (3)
- Performance (5)
- Photography (7)
- Photoshoot (3)
- Russia (2)
- Sample Sales (6)
- Shoes (1)
- Shopping (16)
- Show (1)
- Street Style (5)
- Style (1)
- Styling (6)
- Swapping/swishing (4)
- Talented Friends (2)
- Trend (2)
- TV (6)
- Valentines (1)