Thursday

Rainbow Magic

Because I get bored easily my minds tends to wonder and I get a sort of chain reaction of thoughts where one thing reminds me of another and so on and the new "nano-chromatic" advert happened to remind me of Fred Butler's colourful work.


Fred Butler is a London based props stylist and accessories designer. She works with art directors, stylists and photographers to create imaginative one-off pieces for fashion stories to enhance the aesthetic of a shoot. Her work is characterised by the inclusion of everyday object to create a kitsch yet elegant aesthetic.




She mostly works with paper to create origami type wonders but I have seen her use everyday objects such as tiny ice-cream spoons and pins to create something utterly beautiful and different. I heard of her a while ago (must say did think it was a guy at first) but didn't start paying attention until I saw THAT Selfridges display. She also has her own accessories line out.


No comments: